Sunday, January 10, 2010

Pictures!

The bunnies and I are finally all moved to New York! Previously, all moves had taken place during the middle of sweltering summer, usually with rainshowers thrown in for fun. I've decided moving in subzero temperatures is much, much better.

As promised, here are photos from the Second Storie Indie Market in Rochester, NY, which proved to be an amazing show, as usual: fantastic people, lots of fun, and ideas for new projects. The screening of Handmade Nation the night before the show started was a great addition to the festivities. It was inspiring to see people succeeding in the DIY movement.

Happy shoppers underneath festive handmade banners hung inside the Visual Studies Workshop.
Chey helped me set up and proved to be an excellent salesperson.
I was lucky enough to sit next to Tara Hogan of INK+WIT, who creates beautiful letterpress designs.
There were amazing hand-bound books by concepcioun that I covet.
I ran into the ever-awesome Mackenzie and Tyler of Secret Pocket again. They were our neighbors last year and it was great to see them again.
Abby Try Again trekked all the way across the country for Second Storie. Her photographs are beautiful! Someday soon I plan to buy this print as a present to myself. I just love the colors.
Drew of The Maple Ridge was another neighbor of ours last year who returned with his awesome little couples, creature blocks, and drawings. I traded for some of his awesomeness and cannot wait to see the manwife's reaction when he receives said awesomeness for his birthday.
Shanna Murray, one of the members/organizers of Second Storie, had the cutest rabbit (along with a really neat collaborative effort and unique tea towels). I looove her font (this may just be my obsession with fonts...I've been meaning to watch Helvetica for some time now).
BUST photos coming soon!

No comments: